Welcome to my Spanish Class! I am very much looking forward to working with each and every one of you this year. This syllabus is a guideline for you to follow throughout the semester in order to be a successful Spanish I student.
In the first year, you will study grammar at a beginner level and will learn to communicate in real-life situations with increasing precision and accuracy. The continued use of Spanish, with an emphasis on culture, customs, and real-life situations, helps develop a broader perspective and appreciation of languages and cultures of others as well as your own. Foreign language study helps to develop respect for cultural diversity as well as confidence in basic skills of communication. As a reminder: THIS IS A HIGH SCHOOL COURSE.
- Develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Use language skills for purposeful communication.
- Acquire global insight; understand cultural diversity.
- Use the target language skills for purposeful communication for interpretive, interpersonal, and presentational tasks.
- ¡Qué chévere! Level 1 (EMC World Languages)
- **Practice Workbook-accompanies the Text
How to Set-up Calendar Alerts:
If your child is in my class, and you would like to receive email alerts for items posted to my calendar, you may view step-by-step directions here: http://tinyurl.com/CalendarAlertsPTMS
Please note: You will receive a separate email alert for each calendar to which you choose to subscribe.
This year we are excited to be partnering with a fun, free, and truly easy fundraiser called Shoparoo! Schools nationwide are already earning hundreds and even thousands every year through Shoparoo and it’s a great opportunity for us to really make a difference this year!
Shoparoo is school fundraising made easy: the free app turns pictures of your everyday shopping receipts into cash donations and sweepstakes entries for our school! Yep, it’s that simple. No more cutting labels, selling door to door, or time-consuming coordinating. All you have to do is shop as you normally do, snap pictures of your receipts with the app, and voila Just shop, snap, earn!
Get started today:
1. Download the free Shoparoo app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
2. Select our school from the list and start taking pictures of your receipts - shop anywhere, buy anything!
3. You can even select a grade to support and have fun with grade competitions!
There’s no limit to how much money we can raise with Shoparoo - the more supporters, the more we will raise for our school. Schools with just 40 supporters are earning an average of $1,000 every year. That’s free, easy money that we could be fundraising too. Check out shoparoo.com to learn more about this awesome app!
Thank you for your support!